Based on some basic internet searches, it seems that India has over 1000 offshore R&D centers of various MNCs. And while these are not restricted only to IT, it is the IT R&D centers that of interest to us. So which offshore R&D centers have the most Product Managers in India and which ones offer the highest compensation? Well, these are not easy questions to answer, mainly due to the wide variety of work done by these centers. And very few of them are offering product management in India. But here are my indicative lists.
Top 5 R&D Centers by compensation offered to PMs
Top 5 R&D Centers by Product/Program Manager headcount
Top 5 Enterprise Software R&D Centers
Now the fine print:
- The list is completely subjective and based on personal research. I make no guarantees about its accuracy.
- These lists cover all product management roles ranging from P&L owners with experience of 10-15 years to business analysts fresh out of engineering/business schools.
- Most of these are Bangalore based with a few based out of Pune/Hyderabad/Chennai/NCR
- A few organizations have some product management functions in India, focused on the Indian market. I have not included them here.
- Microsoft has program managers in India, who do similar work as inbound product managers.
- Quite a few IT services firms have product management roles, however, they offer less compensation and are not included here.
Will update this post, based on the feedback I receive